The hospital has a well-equipped laboratory meaning that an array of inhouse tests can be carried out. This allows results to be obtained quickly, enabling a faster diagnosis and implementation of treatment. It also allows us to perform serial tests for inpatients that require intensive monitoring during hospitalisation.
With our extensive laboratory equipment, we are able perform the following tests in house:
- Biochemistry and electrolytes
- FeLV and FIV testing in cats for Feline Leukaemia and Feline Aids
- Feline T4, to diagnose and assess monitoring of feline hyperthyroidism
- SDMA, a sensitive indicator of kidney function that will detect a loss of as little as 25%
- Feline and canine pancreatic lipase to aid in the diagnosis of pancreatitis
- Fructosamine to assess whether your pet might have diabetes
- Canine Parvovirus and Leptospirosis
- Canine lungworm
- Blood gas analysis
- Ionised calcium levels e.g. for assessment of eclampsia in bitches
We also use external laboratories for more specific tests. These samples are collected by a courier service daily and we generally receive results within several days.