The team at The Barn has worked hard to implement changes to ensure we are a cat-friendly clinic and have recently been accredited as an ISFM Silver Cat-Friendly Clinic.
Below are some of the ways that we practice making sure that your cat has a positive experience with us:
- We are members of the ISFM, giving us access to the Journal of Feline Medicine and Surgery for the clinic, ensuring we are always up to date with the latest advances in feline medicine.
- We always try to ensure to show a gentle and empathetic approach to cats when being handled or restrained.
- We try to minimize the impact of odours, bright lights and noise on cats in the clinic by performing handling in a quiet room with the use of Feliway spray and a calm manner.
- Our waiting room has a designated cat area with tables and shelving to ensure that cats can be kept at a height to feel safe.
- Our shelving area allows cats to have a sight and sneeze barrier between feline patients.
- We also offer blankets that can be placed over your cat carrier and Feliway spray to help reduce stress and anxiety.
- We offer cat-only clinics twice a week.
- When hospitalized cats are kept in our calm, quiet feline ward, and the door is routinely kept closed to ensure patients aren’t disturbed by our canine patients.
- We provide environmental enrichment with cat hides and toys.