The Barn Animal Hospital is a purpose-built, small, busy Tier 3 animal hospital on the edge of Lychpit, Paynes Meadow, Basingstoke.
Due to continued growth, we are looking for a 2020 Graduate Veterinary Surgeon to join us full-time. As a Graduate Veterinary Surgeon, you will receive ongoing structured mentorship and support.
We have a wide range of state-of-the-art equipment consisting of digital X-ray, dental X-ray, ultrasound (including cardiac probe), endoscopy/bronchoscopy, house idexx haematology and catalyst, EPOC for blood gas analysis.
Our out of hours is provided by local Vets Now clinics; we have hospitalisation and overnight care of inpatients and generally have between 4-7 per night. A nurse is in the building overnight caring for patients, and vets share the overnight duties equally. The overnight duties are generally for telephone support for the duty nurse, and we are rarely called into the practice overnight.
2021 Graduate Veterinary Surgeon, Full Time
The hours will be 42 hours (plus weekend rota 1:6 full & 1:3 half) over a four day week. Weekend hours are 8 am-5 pm on Saturday, 10 am-5 pm Sunday with phones to vets now outside of these hours, and responsibility for patients only outside those times.
- 25 days holiday with an extra day off for your birthday (Bank holidays are covered equally within the team with time off in lieu
- CPD budget of £1500 (flexible if there is a clear benefit to additional training)
- We have structured mentorship and support.
- Competitive salary along with a very generous benefits scheme
- Linnaeus Wellness Programme
- Eyecare Vouchers
- Cycle 2 Work Scheme
How to Apply: