The role of the veterinary nurse is critical to the provision of high standards of client and patient care.
In this role you will be a key a member of the nursing team, working effectively with the Head Nurse to nurture great team ethics whilst providing guidance and support to the junior nursing staff and animal care/kennel assistants.
You will work closely with all team members to ensure the smooth running of all clinical areas and kennels and will have clear communication lines with all other teams to ensure the practice is providing outstanding patient and client care.
Salary: Dependent on earnings
Hours: 40 1:7 weekend and on average 1 night per week on call
Main Purpose & Goals
- Ensure the highest standard of care is provided 100% of the time to 100% of our patients.
- Achieve the above whilst bearing in mind that the practice is a business and therefore costs need to be carefully monitored and managed sensibly at all times.
- Maintain accurate client and patient records.
- Provide an efficient, courteous, and helpful service to all clients, suppliers and external contacts, under all conditions at all times.
- Participate with the admission and discharge process of patients, the accuracy of which is of vital importance.
- To demonstrate a commitment to continued professional development.
- Liaise between the nursing team and other teams within the practice to ensure effective lines of communication at all times.
- Promote our services, employees and products, both in and out of the practice at all times.
- Understand and implement practice and group policies.
- Take an active role in the training programme of veterinary nurses and animal care/ kennel assistants.