The Client Care Manager is a key role in leading and empowering the front of house teams to deliver an outstanding and polished experience to our clients and visitors to the Practice. It will require you to work closely with the Clinical Director, Head Nurse and other senior team members. An essential aspect of this role is to lead by example and promote positive staff morale continuously.
Assistant is a key role in maintaining the high standard of client care expected within The Barn Animal Hospital and forms part of a developing front of house team. You will work closely with the Client Care Manager and nursing team to deliver an outstanding and polished experience for clients and visitors. An essential aspect of this role is to maintain a positive and friendly attitude continuously.
Salary: £20,000- £22,000 dependent on experience
Hours: 40 hours
Main Purpose & Goals
- To promote a good image of our Practice through high personal appearance and in communication with members of the public and work colleagues
- Be efficient, pleasant, courteous, polite, concerned and helpful to all clients, under all conditions, at all times
- Continually monitor and respond to client feedback, action any suggestions to improve our service
- Define, develop, implement and communicate our client service standard and policies and procedures to ensure optimum service is given at all times
- Assist the reception team in creating a harmonious culture in line with our values and vision
- Demonstrate positive leadership by always leading by example, motivate and boost employee morale
- Execute good telephone techniques, keep accurate records of discussions or correspondence with clients
- Build relationships with the clients, demonstrate empathy and facilitate in delivering an excellent level of service at every touchpoint
- Be a presence within reception, lead by example by engaging with clients and their pets
- Ensure that all other staff members follow your lead in building relationships with clients
- Ensure all customer complaints are dealt with swiftly, efficiently and by the appropriate person.
- Enforce housekeeping rules, including how the reception team present themselves to customers and no eating on the front desk etc.
- Ensure staff are mindful when clients are present, conversations must be kept professional
- Play an active role in the team by doing your share to cover any deficiency in the rota, including branches/weekends and late shifts when required
- Regularly meet with Senior team members to discuss improvements to the customer journey
- Authorise CPD for receptionists and ensure in line with PDP as well as within budget
- Communicate regularly with branch reception teams
- Perform reviews and appraisals on your key reports and produce PDP to ensure all the team reach their potential and fulfil their goals
- Ensure front of house teams are correctly attired and project a professional image at all times
- Ensure new staff have reviews according to protocol. The aim being for them to become an integral part of the team as quickly as possible
- Prepare the reception rota for the Practice, including holiday cover
- Keep rota up to date and ensure that forward-thinking is in place to cover any deficiencies such as holidays, maternity, prolonged sick leave
- Work alongside other senior team members for recruitment and interviews
- Ensure all new members of the reception team have inductions and the required training to support them to settle into their role.
- Identify and address staff training and development needs and arrange coaching where required
- Liaise with the veterinary surgeons to ensure laboratory results are communicated to the clients. The aim being, wherever possible, within 24 hours of receipt of the results.
- Ensure CVs in relation to reception work are responded to promptly
- Keep up to date with personal CPD and create a PDP with line manager
- Oversee staff accounts monthly ensuring all staff adhere to Practice policy, report to the Clinical Director any overdue accounts
- Review and update protocols and procedures to adapt to the changing and improving practices
- Monitor and measure history requests and client movements
- Update fire register monthly adjusting to include the changes in the team