The Client Care Assistant is a key role in maintaining the high standard of client care expected within The Barn Animal Hospital and forms part of a developing front of house team. You will work closely with the Client Care Manager and nursing team to deliver an outstanding and polished experience for clients and visitors. An essential aspect of this role is to maintain a positive and friendly attitude continuously.
Salary: £16,000- £18,500 dependent on experience
Hours: 40 hours
Main Purpose & Goals
- To promote an outstanding image of our hospital through high personal appearance and in communication with members of the public and work colleagues
- Be efficient, pleasant, courteous, polite, concerned and helpful to all clients, under all conditions, at all times
- Continually monitor and pass on client feedback and action any suggestions to improve our service
- To implement and maintain our client service standard, policies and procedures to ensure optimum service is given at all times
- To play an active role in developing our reception team to create a harmonious culture in line with our values and vision
- Execute good telephone techniques, keep accurate records of discussions or correspondence with clients
- Build relationships with the clients, demonstrate empathy and facilitate in delivering an excellent level of service at every touchpoint
- Be a continual presence within reception, engaging with clients and their pets
- Ensure all customer complaints are passed on swiftly, efficiently and to the appropriate person
- Maintain client confidentially at all times and ensuring conversations are professional, particularly when clients are present
- Work alongside registered veterinary nurses to process client requests.
- Liaise with veterinary surgeons to ensure laboratory results are communicated to clients. The aim being, wherever possible, within 24 hours of receipt of results
- Oversee staff accounts monthly ensuring all staff adhere to practice policy, reporting any overdue accounts to the Practice manager
- Monitor and pass on history requests and client movements to the client care manager.
Progression within the job role
- Progression through BVRA (British Veterinary Receptionist Association) training is encouraged and would be fully funded for suitable candidates
- Membership of BVRA would also be supported.